Saturday 22 January 2011

Not good enough

I had a close look at the steel boss and the brass gland I'd made for the pump side of things and decided they weren't good enough - I'd used the gland as a template to drill the holes into the boss and one of them was slightly out of place. As there's no going back once the boss is soldered in place I decided to remake both parts and they came out much better second time around. Here they are with the filing buttons I also made for the next step...


I can't fix the buttons in place at the same time as there's overlap between the big 'un and the little 'uns so it's a case of marking out the circle round the big one and scribing a line to the outside of the little ones; this pic shows the general idea, the finished shape will be a 'rounded elongated diamond'. If I'm lucky :D

No comments:

Post a Comment